For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you; plans to give you a hope and a future. Jer. 29:11







Thursday, March 3, 2011

Holding My Breath

I feel like I have been holding my breath for the last few days. We found out Monday that Cadonia has only been in the orphange for the last 5 months. So before that she was with her parents and possibly siblings. In order for us to proceed with the adoption, her parents have to sign over their rights.

Ricot was able to talk to them on Monday about the fact that we want to adopt her. They were apparently excited that someone wanted to adopt her but were hesitant about signing over their rights. I know that they are told when they come to the orphange that this is a possiblity but I 'm not sure they are ever ready to hear that news. To think that yes, your child may be offered a life that you could never give her but that you also may never see her again has to be heart breaking. So they asked Ricot if they could think about it for a fews days so I know they love her but this is when I began holding my breath!

Knowing that God set us on this path I have prayed this week that he would see us through. That as hard a decision that Cadonia's parents have to make that they would let us bring her here to be a part of our family and that he would ease their pain in making this decision.

It seems like everytime I picked up my bible or a devotional God was giving me the perfect scripture. These are a few of them:

Hebrews 10:36 For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God you may receive what is promised.

Phil 4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made know to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Proverb 16:3 Commit your work to God, and your plans will be established.

Thankful for these verses that I have held onto this week as well as family and friends who have been so supportive.

So tonight I let out a deep breath and a shout of thanksgiving when we received the call that her parents agreed and that we can continue this great adventure of bringing Cadonia home.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I was holding my breath reading this. What a journey you're on, Stephanie. Thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am soooo excited about my new grand-daughter. I cannot wait to meet her. I already love her so much just like all my grandsons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have truly blessed me by sharing this.God has truly blessed you and He will continue to.I can't wait for your journey thru the adoption process to be complete.
    Anita Cannon

    ReplyDelete