For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you; plans to give you a hope and a future. Jer. 29:11







Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Haiti on my mind

I was able to speak and sing at my parent's church a few weeks ago and then again at my sister in law's church for the night service. I spoke about my trip to Haiti and the work we did there and then about meeting our sweet Cadonia. I think since I came home from Haiti I have been so focused on getting our paperwork in for our adoption that I haven't thought as much about the people of Haiti as much as I would have if I didn't have this mound of papers to get turned in. But since Sunday I haven't been able to think about much else, the sweet people of Haiti and the life that they lead. Nothing, Nothing, NOTHING prepares you for the things you will see. The amount of devastation is unimaginable. Yet the people at both of the churches we attended have a love for Christ and a freedom of worship that most people in American may never know. They truly praise Him in the storm. Would you praise Him in this storm? *80% of the people live on less than $2.00 a day *Bowl of rice and beans cost about $1.50 *1/2 are unemployed with no job opportunities *Home to the 2nd largest slum in the world-300,00 people living in 3 square miles with no running water. *There are 1/2 million child slaves in Haiti *1 in every 3 of Haiti's children will die before the age of 5. Challanging us all to be more thankful for what we have, where we live and all that God has blessed us with. Since I have been home He is teaching me to be more responsible with the resources He has given me, whether that be money, time or possessions. I want to make a difference in my world with all that he has given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment