For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you; plans to give you a hope and a future. Jer. 29:11







Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Sweetest Gift





A few weeks ago some friends of ours went to Haiti to spend a week at the orphanage in Camatin loving on 28 little girls, teaching them some bible school lessons (Daughters of the King) doing crafts and having a teaparty with them. They also feed the community as well as ministered to some individual families in the communities surrounding the orphanage.

Anytime someone we know goes to the orphange we always send a care package for Cadonia as well as something for one of the other girls or a family we have gotten to know there. This trip, my friend Beverly took our care packages. We always send Cadonia a few clothes, snacks she loves (Fruit Loops) and something fun. Woody recorded one of those new recordable storybooks from Hallmark for her about Disney Princesses. We also included a letter to her as we always do.

I love when these friends come home from Haiti because I stalk their facebook pages for pictures of Cadonia and stories about her and all her friends that we love so much. After this trip Beverly told me she had something for me, so of course I was eager to get my hands on it, knowing it had to be something to do with Cadonia. Well, the sweetest gift I have gotten in a long time came in the form of a letter Cadonia wrote back to us as well as a picture she colored. She wrote some in Creole and some in English. She wrote that she loved us much and can't wait to see us in August, Mommi Cheri (sweetie). To my new family,God bless you.

Well, I had just been trying to decide that day if I was going to go at the end of August or if Woody was going by himself for our US Embassy appointment in Port au Prince and when I read that I knew I was going! I can't wait to see her in just a few short weeks.

I have to say thank you so much to all those who have gone to Haiti, have loved on all those amazing little girls at the orphanage at Camatin, those who have made room in your suitcases when you had no room, just so you could take something to my girl for me. Thank you for every picture you have taken and hug you have given. Each of you are a part of our journey to Cadonia and we are blessed because of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment